Thursday, February 24, 2011

here goes nothing...

Not sure how to start these things. They always sound cheesy, but heck this is my first blog so if it's cheesy and you disapprove, you may certainly find something else to do with your time.


It's two weeks into my trip to Costa Rica, and many of you are probably still wondering:
        'What is Alex doing in Costa Rica?'
While I realize I could have set this up before and tried to answer your question, the answer is- I had no idea what I was doing up until the day I got in the field.


So here we go:
I am currently living Costa Rica for six weeks studying fish behavior at the Lomas Barbudal Biological Station with two (other) biologists. Ashley is a PhD student studying fish behavior at UC Santa Cruz, and Kelsey is a biologist for fishing boats. 
        and here I am: Not quite a student of anything, but giving the world of conservation a shot.

I am now sufficiently exhausted by this blog set-up. So I will go and write later to give you a better idea of what I'm up to day-to-day, and see if I can post some pictures.

For now, love to all of you. I am doing my best to get emails out, but if you haven't gotten one yet it probably just means I treasure you even more because I'm just trying to get the wording in my note just right...

- Alex (bug) Muller

6 comments:

  1. Have fun! And learn stuff! I love you chicken/rabbit/bug seeking fish! Moo-ahz. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's with the funky formatting? Get it together hombre

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! you actually started one! it'll be good practice for when we get our business started :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. so what about the fish stuff? maybe pictures tell the story?....

    ReplyDelete
  5. pictures soon! had such a cool day at monteverde so far, will show later if internet cooperates

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Monteverde is your mecca here. I love high altitudes as a hiker because of the lack of POISON IVY.

    ReplyDelete