Tuesday, March 1, 2011

bagaces

mornings are my favorite in bagaces. Maybe because I've missed out on them for almost two years. 


Something pretty fantastic about hearing roosters and songbirds sound off around you while walking into the sun. So I always go to get coffee and breakfast by myself, gives me maybe 15 minutes of time to think, or to clear my mind usually.
We then sit around, and I eat some cheerios and my pastry and savor the cappuccino as we strategize for the day.
Today is the first day Kelsey isn't here. While this severely slows down our work process, that will have to wait for another day. Today and tomorrow we are surveying the water for the number of convict pairs, and the number of invasive fish pairs (that somewhat resemble the convicts) as a favor to another researcher who is highly pregnant and can't make it down here.

I just learned that there are caiman in the water. Caiman are small crocodiles. I started to look them up to check my spelling, and then realized that I don't want to know any more about them from my google search. Not that I've seen one in the water yet, but it makes the prospect of diving in today slightly less exciting as you can imagine. Ok much less.

So we have about nine sections of water to survey today, and then I have to get started on data entry tonight. Last night I was just so exhausted as I am many nights.

My roommate asked me last night what I do at nights for fun. So far, I've just been going to bed any time from 8 until 10. The wildest I've gotten was a few rum and cokes, but maybe next time I have a few days off (this Sunday), I'll be able to go to the beach for a few days. That way I could also even out this tan I've got- picture wearing one piece bathing suit, with a long sleeved rash guard and spandex shorts (any protection I can get from mozzies), with water shoes. Basically what I'm working with is a tan from my knees (calves below H20), to my upper thighs, and some on my face.

our humble home. don't let the dish fool you. nice and simple, cat fights seemingly on the roof at night.
just needs some curtains eh

bagaces at around 6:30am on the way to the bakery


off to the field. fingers crossed. Cada dia es una sorpresa.

No comments:

Post a Comment